For a relaxing ease back into life after vacation, skip the last-minute rush to get everything together before you leave. Take these steps to reduce the anxiety of coming home and jumping back into work. Check items off throughout the week before your departure to spread tasks out over time.
Week before vacation:
- Collect all unwashed clothing, blankets, sheets and towels and dedicate a day to catch up on laundry.
- Empty everything from your refrigerator. Throw out any foods that will expire before you return and deep clean the inside of your fridge with a bit of bleach and water. Re-organize condiments and other foods that will be okay during the duration of your absence.
- Write down a list of essentials you want to take on your trip. For an ocean getaway, add sunscreen, sunglasses, waterproof phone case and bathing suit. A trip to the mountains will call for bug spray, thick socks and a precautionary tube of Hydrocortisol for any accidental brushes with poison ivy.
- Pack all the things you want to bring with the exception of the tools you use daily that can be packed last.
- If you are catching a ride to the airport, schedule your ride ahead of time. This will ensure someone is there to pick you up on time, especially for an early morning flight.
Day before vacation:
- Vacuum and mop floors, tidy up items stored on top of your dresser and check your mailbox.
- Clean any dishes and wipe any remaining water out of the sink. Any water left sitting can attract pests while you are away.
- Go around to each room of your house to collect all trash.
- If flying, double check your boarding pass for the time patrons are being seated. The departure time is different than boarding so don’t be late!
- Set out an outfit for the next morning. No more not knowing where your shoes or belt are because it is all laid out.
- Get to bed at a decent time so you fully enjoy the next day without feeling like a zombie.
Father’s Day is right around the corner and Destin-Fort Walton Beach, Florida, is ready to help you spoil and celebrate the great men in your life. Destin-Fort Walton Beach is home to 24 miles of sugar-white-sand beaches and emerald waters with plenty of dad-favorite experiences and activities for the perfect Father’s Day celebration. With nearshore and offshore fishing to unique water adventures and delicious dining options, there are endless ways to celebrate dad.
With vaccinations now available to young teens, we wanted to celebrate our newfound freedom to travel with our teenager, Mary. As we considered where to go, June’s unusually warm weather immediately made Mary think of Maine’s beaches, uncrowded before the summer tourist season.
Velas Resorts in Mexico offers summer savings, perfect for a family getaway. Guests can take advantage of suite upgrades, 50 percent discounted stays for kids and teens, half-off round-trip airport transfers, complimentary hydrotherapy and up to a $300 resort credit for couples or family experiences. Early check-in and late check-out are available at select properties.
After the past year, no one really needs an excuse to get away and go on a well-deserved vacation. Whether you are looking for a weekend family getaway or a week-long trip, Virginia Beach is the place for you. With brand-new amenities, offers, activities and more, you can’t go wrong.
Families can enjoy the nostalgia of summer camp without tents, bugs or rain during Great Wolf Lodge’s Summer CampIn celebration, offering several exclusive, limited-time offerings alongside the resort’s indoor waterpark with slides, rafts and water play areas for all ages.