Knowing how to keep yourself and your family safe while traveling is often overlooked and forgot about due to the overwhelming excitement of reaching your next destination. In many cities, especially those in foreign countries, public transportation is the easiest way to get around. Follow these easy-to-remember tips to keep yourself and your belongings secure.
- Hide jewelry. Even if it is just simple, cheap, costume jewelry that is not worth a lot, thieves will still try and grab it if they see the opportunity. Tuck necklaces inside of your shirt and turn rings upside down on your finger so the jewel faces your palm. This will hide any shine that may catch robber’s eyes.
- While sitting at the train or bus stop, loop your bag handles around your leg. Bags are easy to run off with when sitting by your side. Stepping through the straps will make it virtually impossible for others to grab and run.
- Take a business card from the hotel you are staying at while exploring a new city. If your phone dies or you lose WiFi for a map, you will still be able to locate the address and contact information of where you are staying.
- Carry cash, but store it in different places. Do not put it all together in one bag. Tuck some in your pockets, shirts, jacket and even your shoe. If your main money source goes missing, at least you have backup to get you through the day.
- Use bags with zippers to people can’t reach into an open tote, Zippers deter people from attempting to reach in and snag some of your valuable possessions.
The Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Card recently launched BoldFamilyTravel.Chase.com, an interactive, online resource allowing families to plan future travel together. The launch followed the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Card Survey of parents and grandparents that revealed most parents believe children are important resources for planning family vacations and that one-third of parents don’t currently involve their children in planning but would like to.
Many women in the United States don’t think twice about going to the store to purchase feminine products. With many options in brands, sizes, colors and even fragrance, we forget others around the world do not have such a luxury. Cora changes the way women receive products, providing a healthier, more sustainable way that is good for the environment and body.
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands, opening June 1, introduces a collection of immersive ocean experiences through Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment Program and Fari Islands Collaboration. The property is situated on the northeastern rim of the North Malé Atoll of the Fari Islands.
All travel can be a little stressful, but travel with kids can be extra stressful — whether you are flying or taking a road trip. It is easy for kids to get bored, cranky or impatient, so having the right tools and means to entertain them throughout the trip. Check out these helpful tips to make travel with the kids a breeze.
Travelers are ready for some rest and relaxation this spring break. Travel insurance company Allianz Partners surveyed travelers on their upcoming spring break travel plans. The study found Florida to be the top domestic destination. Mexico took the top spot among international destinations.