Take your family travels to Panama City Beach in 2023. The destination, situated where the Gulf of Mexico meets St. Andrews Bay, offers 27 miles of sugar-white-sand beaches and clear waters. With sunshine year-round and can’t-miss attractions, the destination is popular among travelers. For those who need a little push to visit, Visit Panama City Beach shines sunlight on 10 little-known facts about the destination to help encourage travelers to visit.
Keep reading for these 10 interesting facts:
- Lake Powell, at the west end of Panama City Beach, is the largest dune lake in Florida.
- Whitetail deer are adept enough in the water to cross from the mainland at St. Andrews State Park to Shell Island, often surprising boaters.
- Panama City Beach is home to 100 public beaches, including in St. Andrews State Park and Camp Helen State Park.
- The destination is home to one of the highest concentrations of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, also a reflection of the region’s excellent water quality.
- The famous white sand resulted from quartz crystals washed down from the Appalachian Mountains centuries ago.
- Panama City Beach is known as the Wreck Capital of the South due to its many shipwrecks off the Gulf Coast.
- The best time to go diving in this region is April–September.
- St. Andrews State Park is ranked as one of the United States’ Top 10 Beaches.
- With hundreds of seafood restaurants, Panama City Beach is known as the Seafood Capital of the World.
- Beat the heat at Shipwreck Island, a favorite waterpark among visitors and locals alike.
LEGOLAND New York Resort is about to make it easier for family travelers to move throughout the park this summer. The Minifigure Skyflyer, opening this summer and a first for LEGOLAND Resorts, offers an interactive new way to travel between themed lands.
Filled with hidden treasures waiting to be discovered, Seoul invites travelers to unearth its many gems, and Seoul Tourism Organization is here to help travelers do just that. Through thoughtfully created initiatives like the Theme Tourism County Competition, Seoul Tourism Organization works closely with local districts to identify and showcase what makes each district unique and charming in all seasons.
The family travel experience just got elevated at Cedar Lakes Estates, turning the traditional kids club on its head with a Home Alone-inspired twist. Located in Port Jervis in the heart of New York’s Hudson Valley, Cedar Lakes Estates sits on the grounds of a 1930s-era summer camp, offering families and kids an ultimate winter wonderland getaway.
Bulgaria has managed to slip under the radar for many family travelers, but, for those in the know, it is a fascinating country full of culture, history and natural beauty. For families, it is an ideal destination where you can find an affordable vacation with plenty of activity and adventure to make memories that last a lifetime. As you plan your next trip, be sure to keep these great reasons to visit Sofia, the country’s charming capital, in mind.
Five Tips to Help Minimize Potential Travel Problems
Prepare for your family’s spring break this year with some advice from TravelInsurance.com. There are a number of reasons why travel insurance is an important consideration for spring break travelers and co-founder Stan Sanberg has some advice about making the important purchase for spring break this year.