If you can’t stop humming Beyonce’s version of “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?” and “Hakuna Matata” has become one of your family’s go-to phrases, you might be a rabid fan of The Lion King.
Original Travel, a creative luxury travel company whose seasoned travel experts curate tailor-made vacations, now offers a 14-day itinerary featuring the most iconic destinations in Pride Land, as well as exclusive, behind-the-scenes experiences.
Priced at $9,805 per person exclusive of international flights, the Kenya Family Safari and Beach Adventure includes the following bucket-list highlights:
- During a stay in the Masai Mara, the real life Pride Lands, guests will have encounters with the real stars of the show, including Simba’s pride, packs of hyenas and Zazu.
- Over an authentic bush breakfast or sundowners (cocktails at sunset) atop the real life Pride Rock in Laikipia, one of the key locations in the film, travelers will have the opportunity to see everything the light touches, including Masai Mara’s rocky ridges, Laikipia’s plateau and the majestic Mount Kenya, Africa’s second-largest mountain.
- After a morning of game driving to spot Pumba and pals, travelers head to the ancient and beautiful Ngare Ndare forest with a picnic in tow where they will enjoy an afternoon of jumping into waterfalls and finding the exact spot where Nala and Simba reunited in the film.
- Thanks to the lack of light pollution, evenings will be filled with amazing stargazing in the Samburu just like Simba, Timon and Pumba.
- During a meeting with wild giraffes at Giraffe Manor, giraffes will pop their head through the window to join you for breakfast (with the understanding you will share a treat with them, of course.)
- During a visit to the David SheldrickWildlife Trust, which rescues orphaned baby elephants from all over Kenya, you will learn about the ongoing rescue and conservation projects and see baby elephants frolic in the wild.
Time to brush up on your Swahili, Zulu, Sotho, Tswana, Congolese and Xhosa.
Movies on the Potomac are back at National Harbor, in Maryland, offering a variety of Halloween classics during the entire month of October. Every Sunday, 4–6 p.m., National Harbor will show a free movie on the Waterfront Plaza big screen, located at 150 National Plaza.
The Peninsula Beverly Hills makes staying in a suite even sweeter! Guests who book one of the hotel’s elegant suites are offered complimentary use of a luxury BMW for the length of their stay. While Beverly Hills has so much to offer, having a car gives you the freedom to see even more of Southern California, whether it is driving up the Pacific Coast Highway to Malibu, or continuing on, past Santa Barbara, to Santa Ynez wine country.
A new study from Vacasa, the nation’s leading vacation rental management platform, found 48 percent of parents are planning to travel with their kids — however, it also showed a near-even 46 percent are planning a vacation with their spouse only. After a year of homeschooling, parents need a break this autumn!
Savor the good life at the new family-friendly, all-inclusive beachfront resort located in the exclusive private community of Cap Cana, home to the iconic sugar-white sands and clear blue waters of Juanillo Beach, when it opens this November.