If you can’t stop humming Beyonce’s version of “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?” and “Hakuna Matata” has become one of your family’s go-to phrases, you might be a rabid fan of The Lion King.
Original Travel, a creative luxury travel company whose seasoned travel experts curate tailor-made vacations, now offers a 14-day itinerary featuring the most iconic destinations in Pride Land, as well as exclusive, behind-the-scenes experiences.
Priced at $9,805 per person exclusive of international flights, the Kenya Family Safari and Beach Adventure includes the following bucket-list highlights:
- During a stay in the Masai Mara, the real life Pride Lands, guests will have encounters with the real stars of the show, including Simba’s pride, packs of hyenas and Zazu.
- Over an authentic bush breakfast or sundowners (cocktails at sunset) atop the real life Pride Rock in Laikipia, one of the key locations in the film, travelers will have the opportunity to see everything the light touche,s including Masai Mara’s rocky ridges, Laikipia’s plateau and the majestic Mount Kenya, Africa’s second-largest mountain.
- After a morning of game driving to spot Pumba and pals, travelers head to the ancient and beautiful Ngare Ndare forest with a picnic in tow where they will enjoy an afternoon of jumping into waterfalls and finding the exact spot where Nala and Simba reunited in the film.
- Thanks to the lack of light pollution, evenings will be filled with amazing stargazing in the Samburu just like Simba, Timon and Pumba.
- During a meeting with wild giraffes at Giraffe Manor, giraffes will pop their head through the window to join you for breakfast (with the understanding you will share a treat with them, of course.)
- During a visit to the David SheldrickWildlife Trust, which rescues orphaned baby elephants from all over Kenya, you will learn about the ongoing rescue and conservation projects and see baby elephants frolic in the wild.
Time to brush up on your Swahili, Zulu, Sotho, Tswana, Congolese and Xhosa.
If walking through a winter wonderland is still on your family’s list of things to do this season, Maine can definitely help check that box. By this time of year, Maine is almost certainly covered with snow and awaiting the arrival of winter lovers and outdoor adventurers alike.
Dubai is one of today's trendiest travel destinations, known for its over-indulgence and exotic luxuries. You can spend your time skiing indoors in the middle of the desert, buying gold bars from a vending machine or living it up at a world-class resort, but to make sure you have the ultimate experience, check out these incredible activities to guarantee your stay is as over the top as your destination.
The family that bikes together, stays (fit) together.
While urban wine country might sound like an oxymoron, it’s actually a reality at the stunning City Vineyard in New York City’s Tribeca neighborhood. The water-side venue is the perfect host for your next event — whatever that may be, from 20 to 200 guests and from cocktail party to plated dinner.