If you can’t stop humming Beyonce’s version of “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?” and “Hakuna Matata” has become one of your family’s go-to phrases, you might be a rabid fan of The Lion King.
Original Travel, a creative luxury travel company whose seasoned travel experts curate tailor-made vacations, now offers a 14-day itinerary featuring the most iconic destinations in Pride Land, as well as exclusive, behind-the-scenes experiences.
Priced at $9,805 per person exclusive of international flights, the Kenya Family Safari and Beach Adventure includes the following bucket-list highlights:
- During a stay in the Masai Mara, the real life Pride Lands, guests will have encounters with the real stars of the show, including Simba’s pride, packs of hyenas and Zazu.
- Over an authentic bush breakfast or sundowners (cocktails at sunset) atop the real life Pride Rock in Laikipia, one of the key locations in the film, travelers will have the opportunity to see everything the light touche,s including Masai Mara’s rocky ridges, Laikipia’s plateau and the majestic Mount Kenya, Africa’s second-largest mountain.
- After a morning of game driving to spot Pumba and pals, travelers head to the ancient and beautiful Ngare Ndare forest with a picnic in tow where they will enjoy an afternoon of jumping into waterfalls and finding the exact spot where Nala and Simba reunited in the film.
- Thanks to the lack of light pollution, evenings will be filled with amazing stargazing in the Samburu just like Simba, Timon and Pumba.
- During a meeting with wild giraffes at Giraffe Manor, giraffes will pop their head through the window to join you for breakfast (with the understanding you will share a treat with them, of course.)
- During a visit to the David SheldrickWildlife Trust, which rescues orphaned baby elephants from all over Kenya, you will learn about the ongoing rescue and conservation projects and see baby elephants frolic in the wild.
Time to brush up on your Swahili, Zulu, Sotho, Tswana, Congolese and Xhosa.
The cruise industry responds to the COVID-19 pandemic with updates on cancellations and rebooking policies. Here’s an update.
This summer, family travel at The Peninsula receives an upgrade with the debut of Camp Peninsula, a children’s experience that recreates the spirit of camping right in the heart of Beverly Hills. The journey begins with a special welcome from Peter Bear, the hotel’s lovable mascot, at check-in. After taking a picture with the life-sized teddy bear, kids will be whisked away by a Peninsula Camp Counselor to a luxurious guestroom where a charming teepee awaits. An afternoon of camp-themed games and activities, including a hotel-wide scavenger hunt, rounds off the family-friendly experience, fun for children of all ages. Whether it’s a luxe staycation or an extended holiday, Camp Peninsula is an ideal way to ensure the little ones are happy campers.
With travel picking up again in different parts of the world, it’s time to start planning your #ComeBacktoTravel vacation. If you are looking to book through a travel agent or company, consider supporting one of these black-owned travel businesses:
With technology advancing faster than ever, children globally are becoming attached to devices. Adults too. Our Netflix queue and ever-expanding inbox call our names even when we’re on vacation. We carry distractions with us everywhere, and it’s becoming increasingly difficult to truly connect with your loved ones.