Targeting parents traveling with adult kids in their 20s and early 30s, adventure travel company Backroads launched a 20 & Beyond segment, which features trips that give each member of the family as much — or as little — time together or apart as they would like and offers activities geared toward different interests.
The 20 & Beyond trips join the company’s three other segments: Younger Kids (4–12), Kids & Teens (9–19) and Older Teens & 20s (17–23)
“As a father of three kids, I know how much more enjoyable it is traveling with families with similarly aged kids,” said Tom Hale, founder and president, Backroads, in a statement. “My kids’ interests and activity levels have changed over the years as they’ve grown, and it’s important for travel to fit those changes.”
Backroads offers more than 140 family-friendly itineraries in 85-plus destinations from Greece and the Canadian Rockies to Sicily and France. Seventy-five percent of travelers who book a Backroads adventure are repeat guests, a testament to how experiential and enriching these experiences can be.
The new 20 & Beyond trips can be found on the website, and are categorized into premier hotels, casual hotels, deluxe camping and small luxury ships.
Here is a sampling of the new trips for this age segment:
- Morocco Walking and Hiking Tour: Sample authentic tagines, listen to Berber music, hike to a village in the Atlas Mountains, stroll past olive groves and ride a camel on the dunes.
- Bali Bike Tour: Pedal amid terraced rice fields, exotic temples, bustling market towns and black-sand beaches and meet some of the friendliest locals you’ve ever encountered.
- Cuba Multi-Adventure Tour: Find the old and new Cuba: vintage cars, colonial towns, coffee plantations and tropical sun. Take hikes, bike rides and savor the vibrant culture of this island.
- Danube River Cruise Bike Tour: Cruise down the Danube from Prague to Passau, Vienna to Bratislava and then to Budapest. Take a ride through the Bavarian Forest, walk along Baroque architecture, sip local wine and brews and then hop back on board for your next adventure.
- Yosemite Walking and Hiking Tour: You’ll encounter lots of Instagrammable spots in this epic park: Half Dome, El Capitan, Yosemite Falls and Glacier Point. Soak it in!
Continuing from our story from the last two days (if you missed it, click here and here), here’s part three on how to make the most of your weekend pioneering, with a closer look at our itinerary for Sunday:
Mention touring the Amazon and people tend to think of hard-core adventurers armed with machetes and rifles fighting off anacondas, piranhas and mosquitoes the size of small dogs. While it's true the Amazon is still one of the most remote destinations in the world, experiencing one of the last bastions of pure wilderness is more realistic than you think.
By Hainan Airlines
Continuing our story from yesterday (if you missed it, click here), here’s part two on how to make the most of your weekend pioneering, with a closer look at our itinerary for Saturday: