Targeting parents traveling with adult kids in their 20s and early 30s, adventure travel company Backroads launched a 20 & Beyond segment, which features trips that give each member of the family as much — or as little — time together or apart as they would like and offers activities geared toward different interests.
The 20 & Beyond trips join the company’s three other segments: Younger Kids (4–12), Kids & Teens (9–19) and Older Teens & 20s (17–23)
“As a father of three kids, I know how much more enjoyable it is traveling with families with similarly aged kids,” said Tom Hale, founder and president, Backroads, in a statement. “My kids’ interests and activity levels have changed over the years as they’ve grown, and it’s important for travel to fit those changes.”
Backroads offers more than 140 family-friendly itineraries in 85-plus destinations from Greece and the Canadian Rockies to Sicily and France. Seventy-five percent of travelers who book a Backroads adventure are repeat guests, a testament to how experiential and enriching these experiences can be.
The new 20 & Beyond trips can be found on the website, and are categorized into premier hotels, casual hotels, deluxe camping and small luxury ships.
Here is a sampling of the new trips for this age segment:
- Morocco Walking and Hiking Tour: Sample authentic tagines, listen to Berber music, hike to a village in the Atlas Mountains, stroll past olive groves and ride a camel on the dunes.
- Bali Bike Tour: Pedal amid terraced rice fields, exotic temples, bustling market towns and black-sand beaches and meet some of the friendliest locals you’ve ever encountered.
- Cuba Multi-Adventure Tour: Find the old and new Cuba: vintage cars, colonial towns, coffee plantations and tropical sun. Take hikes, bike rides and savor the vibrant culture of this island.
- Danube River Cruise Bike Tour: Cruise down the Danube from Prague to Passau, Vienna to Bratislava and then to Budapest. Take a ride through the Bavarian Forest, walk along Baroque architecture, sip local wine and brews and then hop back on board for your next adventure.
- Yosemite Walking and Hiking Tour: You’ll encounter lots of Instagrammable spots in this epic park: Half Dome, El Capitan, Yosemite Falls and Glacier Point. Soak it in!
Make this Easter the best yet and take your family to Camelback Resort. With the holiday quickly approaching, Camelback gears up for a weekend filled with family fun and Easter festivities — perfect for family travelers.
Five Tips to Help Minimize Potential Travel Problems
Tokyo is a fascinating city that draws visitors for many reasons. Some go for the city’s exceptional cuisine, some look to experience a city teeming with technical innovations, while others go to discover Japan’s fascinating culture. But one theme seems to be constant no matter what your reason for visiting the city; it is a great place for family travelers, with plenty to see and do.
Filled with hidden treasures waiting to be discovered, Seoul invites travelers to unearth its many gems, and Seoul Tourism Organization is here to help travelers do just that. Through thoughtfully created initiatives like the Theme Tourism County Competition, Seoul Tourism Organization works closely with local districts to identify and showcase what makes each district unique and charming in all seasons.
Are your upcoming family travels taking you on a road trip? It’s not always easy trying to keep an eye on the little ones while also keeping an eye on the road, but with Tiny Traveler, parents can have peace of mind about their child's safety on the road. This safe companion monitors the kids and can even record precious moments for eternity.