Targeting parents traveling with adult kids in their 20s and early 30s, adventure travel company Backroads launched a 20 & Beyond segment, which features trips that give each member of the family as much — or as little — time together or apart as they would like and offers activities geared toward different interests.
The 20 & Beyond trips join the company’s three other segments: Younger Kids (4–12), Kids & Teens (9–19) and Older Teens & 20s (17–23)
“As a father of three kids, I know how much more enjoyable it is traveling with families with similarly aged kids,” said Tom Hale, founder and president, Backroads, in a statement. “My kids’ interests and activity levels have changed over the years as they’ve grown, and it’s important for travel to fit those changes.”
Backroads offers more than 140 family-friendly itineraries in 85-plus destinations from Greece and the Canadian Rockies to Sicily and France. Seventy-five percent of travelers who book a Backroads adventure are repeat guests, a testament to how experiential and enriching these experiences can be.
The new 20 & Beyond trips can be found on the website, and are categorized into premier hotels, casual hotels, deluxe camping and small luxury ships.
Here is a sampling of the new trips for this age segment:
- Morocco Walking and Hiking Tour: Sample authentic tagines, listen to Berber music, hike to a village in the Atlas Mountains, stroll past olive groves and ride a camel on the dunes.
- Bali Bike Tour: Pedal amid terraced rice fields, exotic temples, bustling market towns and black-sand beaches and meet some of the friendliest locals you’ve ever encountered.
- Cuba Multi-Adventure Tour: Find the old and new Cuba: vintage cars, colonial towns, coffee plantations and tropical sun. Take hikes, bike rides and savor the vibrant culture of this island.
- Danube River Cruise Bike Tour: Cruise down the Danube from Prague to Passau, Vienna to Bratislava and then to Budapest. Take a ride through the Bavarian Forest, walk along Baroque architecture, sip local wine and brews and then hop back on board for your next adventure.
- Yosemite Walking and Hiking Tour: You’ll encounter lots of Instagrammable spots in this epic park: Half Dome, El Capitan, Yosemite Falls and Glacier Point. Soak it in!
This holiday season, South Padre Island invites travelers to celebrate the season with its Lights Over South Padre. Whether you are a local, visiting from out of town or just passing through, you won’t want to miss these holiday festivities. From dazzling light shows to festive parades on land and water, the destination is pulling out all the stops.
The Peninsula Beverly Hills makes staying in a suite even sweeter! Guests who book one of the hotel’s elegant suites are offered complimentary use of a luxury BMW for the length of their stay. While Beverly Hills has so much to offer, having a car gives you the freedom to see even more of Southern California, whether it is driving up the Pacific Coast Highway to Malibu, or continuing on, past Santa Barbara, to Santa Ynez wine country.
The renovation project at Grenada Underwater Sculpture Park, off the west coast of Grenada in Molinere Beauséjour Marine Protected Area, was completed earlier this month.
This holiday season, Williamsburg, Virginia, and Kingsmill Resort host several festive experiences for the entire family to enjoy.