Children are notorious for getting motion sickness, as every parent s who has embarked on a long ride with little ones knows. In fact, it might surprise you to know some 30 million people suffer from chronic motion sickness in the United States alone, including sufferers of all ages.
Here are five tips that can help, courtesy of ReliefBand, a wristband that looks like a watch and provides electrical neuro-stimulation for the drug-free treatment of nausea.
- A tried-and-true method of keeping kids from feeling queasy is to keep them distracted. One way to do that is to pack games that are easy to play while on the move and don’t have a lot of pieces that can get lost or broken. Depending on the ages of your children, crossword puzzles, Sudoku or even an old fashioned game of “eye spy” can be good choices.
- Pack snacks, keeping in mind an empty stomach can lead to nausea. At the same time, eating junk food can have the same result. Since we all know finding healthy options when you’re on the go is challenging, packing carrots, celery sticks or trail mix is a good idea.
- Stay hydrated. If you’re traveling by air, remember not to buy bottled water until after you’ve gone through security. An even better option is to bring an empty water bottle you can refill at the water fountains once you reach your gate. This will not only keep everyone hydrated, but will save money on those pricey airport drinks.
- If these precautions don’t work and someone in the family starts getting nauseous from turbulence or stop-and-go traffic, consider trying ReliefBand, a drug-free device designed to treat nausea associated with motion sickness. The device, worn on one wrist, emits an electrical neuro stimulation that the company says works in minutes and helps on any form of transportation. The company recommends using the product only on children old enough to articulate if the band is uncomfortable in any way, and we suggest consulting your pediatrician before use. The company offers a discount code (HOLIDAYRELIEF) for readers to get $10 off their purchase on Reliefband.com.
- Finally, pack hand sanitizer or wipes in case of a mishap and to keep little fingers clean. We also recommend traveling with at least one change of clothing for your infants and toddlers and maybe even a fresh T-shirt for everyone else if motion sickness is prevalent in your family and all of your best efforts to keep nausea at bay aren’t successful.
Bring your brood abroad this year for spring break. Consider a visit to one of these destinations, perfect for a family-friendly getaway.
As the only major U.S. airline to own a flight school, United Airlines already hit a major milestone, and now the carrier celebrates another important — and historic — step as the inaugural class of United Aviate Academy pilots graduates, leading the next generation of aviators. The 51 students in the graduating class were majority, at 80 percent, women and people of color — another stride toward United’s goal of training 5,000 new pilots by 2030 with half women or POC.
The western Canadian province of British Columbia is known for its skiing and winter sports, with Whistler Blackcomb often named one of North America’s top ski destinations. But British Columbia has more places to ski and play in the snow, family-friendly resorts with budget-friendly prices, and up to 400 inches of powder snow. An exchange rate of 75 cents to the dollar is an added incentive for American family travelers to travel north for a vacation.
Make this Easter the best yet and take your family to Camelback Resort. With the holiday quickly approaching, Camelback gears up for a weekend filled with family fun and Easter festivities — perfect for family travelers.
United Airlines is in the midst of a major initiative to modernize its fleet over the next several years. After first announcing the plan in 2021, planes fitted with United’s signature interior are finally beginning to appear across the airline’s narrowbody fleet of Boeing and Airbus planes. United flyers are sure to notice these enhancements from the moment they step on board: Each new or updated plane sports remodeled seats, seatback entertainment screens for everyone, Bluetooth connectivity and more, all adding up to a better experience on every journey.