JOALI BEING, a nature-immersive wellbeing retreat in the Maldives, recently announced its Joy of Being summer children’s retreat — and it may just entice you to plan your family travel to the Maldives this June–August. During those months, the adults-only retreat welcomes children of all ages to connect with nature, discover science and explore their path to wellbeing.
Each seven-day retreat will reflect one of the Four Pillars of JOALI BEING — Mind, Skin, Microbiome and Energy — for children. While the kids enjoy the retreat, parents embark on their own journey, with the family coming together at the end of the day for dinner at FLOW, the resort’s open-plan dining space.
“Our guests have shared that they would love to share the JOALI BEING experience with their families and we’re excited to share the magic of our awe-inspiring destination and inspire the next generation of future wellbeing seekers and naturalists,” said Özgür Cengīz, general manager.
The various activities in the Joy of Being program include:
- Sea Gardeners, alongside a marine biologist, teaches kids about the coral reef through interacting with live organisms and replanting coral colonies.
- At Herbology 101, resident herbalists educate children on the healing power of herbs during various workshops.
- The Friends of Nature option stresses the importance of sustainable tourism, marine life and marine species during conversations with marine biologists.
- Nutritional Workshops are cooking classes for kids that utilize healthy ingredients, and include The Laughing Boocha, Iced Tea Hunters, Fuel Your Body, Fun with Mocktails, Mindful Nice Cream and more.
- On Snorkeling, A Turtle’s Journey, kids travel to a nearby turtle reef and learn more about JOALI BEING’s support of the Olive Ridley Project, which protects sea turtles.
- Jungle Yoga & Active Meditation leads children and parents through meditation and yoga mixed with animal-inspired movements.
- Movement in Nature includes daily movement classes like Ninja Class, Ozzie’s Tennis Journey and more.
- Alongside an astronomer, Stargazing teaches children about the night sky, space, the moon and more under the stars of the Maldives.
Rates for the retreat are $150 per night per child ages 6–12, in addition to the usual JOALI BEING villa rates and full board.
United Airlines officially became the only major U.S. airline to own a flight training school with the opening of United Aviate Academy on Jan. 27. The moment was made even more historic with its inaugural class, which is 80 percent women and people of color.
It’s time to start dreaming of your next family trip. Here’s some destination inspiration for you. Take a visual journey through the U.S. Virgin Islands with us.
What can three generations of a family expect when they rent a houseboat 72 feet long and 7 feet wide for a week of family travel exploring the British canals? They are sure to have a lot of fun, enjoy new experiences and create a family vacation they will talk about for years.
YOUR SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT FAMILY VACATION ENDS HERE
If your family travel brings you to the greater New York City region, opt for a taste of nostalgia (or the grown-ups and fun and imagination for the kids at American Dream’s Nickelodeon Universe. Since I don’t have children, I recruited my best friend and her 6-year-old twins, Declan and Delaney, to help me check out the Nickelodeon-themed theme park and all the ways it brings to life favorite characters from cartoons both past and present, like Rugrats!, which I watched as a child, and Spongebob Square Pants, which is more Declan’s speed.