General RV, the nation’s premier RV dealer, shared tips for camping with kids of all ages this summer and fall.
Camping with Babies
- Babies are quite adaptable, so camping shouldn’t be a huge adjustment
- Bring portable items, like a play yard, child carrier and bassinet
- Make sure you have your baby’s comfort items with you
Camping with Toddlers
- Toddlers can be more challenging, so try a test run before departure, like sleeping in an RV overnight while it’s parked in your driveway
- Pack familiar foods and activities
Camping with Kids
- Allow older children and pre-teens to take on some added responsibility, like packing for themselves or being involved in the decision-making process
- Still be prepared for a rainy day and entertaining kids without the digital comforts of home
- Pack board games, books and art supplies
Camping with Teenagers
- Allow teens to pitch a separate tent for privacy or invite friends along
- Find ways to tear teens away from their cell phones and video games as they will welcome the change of pace and time spent outdoors
Long flights, car rides where you can’t recline or train rides that never seem to end are downsides to getting to your destination. Try these products next time you have a long road ahead to travel comfortably.
Renaissance Curaçao Resort & Casino offers families special summer activities with its Kids R VIP program. Through Sept. 30, families traveling with children under 12 years old have access to exclusive offerings and discounts for the property and island excursions.
Hilton Molino Stucky Venice offers traveling families a series of new activities to help them experience the magic of Venice. Housed in a former flour mill, the 5-star hotel is located on Giudecca Island.
TikTok has taken over many people’s phones during the pandemic. One of the best aspects of the app are the recipes people share from around the world. Try this easy, tasty and simple air-fryer chip recipe for your next family gathering.