On the evening of Feb. 25, people around the world will celebrate the Jewish holiday of Purim. Purim commemorates Queen Esther’s rescue of the Jewish people from Haman, the King’s henchman. While COVID-19 is forcing people to rethink the way they celebrate, families can still commemorate the day in fun and unique ways from home.
Gal Hana, director, Canada, Israel Ministry of Tourism, shared some suggestions:
- In the days leading up to Purim, encourage kids to think outside the box with their costumes and create their own.
- Host a mini-parade at home, and consider gifting each family member something special they can use during the homebound festivity.
- Try a new special dessert — even a vegan option! — to celebrate the day.
Yael Golan, director, USA Southern Region, Israel Ministry of Tourism, recommended:
- Since this year most will celebrate inside, there’s no reason not to wear the craziest costume you can come up with — have fun with your looks this year!
- Create a personal and unexpected playlist for your at-home parade.
- A perk of celebrating indoors at home this year is the ability to make and try fun craft cocktails.
- Pick a few good friends to virtually play “giant and dwarf,” a take on Secret Santa. Part of the game’s fun is guessing who gifted what to whom.
Long flights, car rides where you can’t recline or train rides that never seem to end are downsides to getting to your destination. Try these products next time you have a long road ahead to travel comfortably.
Renaissance Curaçao Resort & Casino offers families special summer activities with its Kids R VIP program. Through Sept. 30, families traveling with children under 12 years old have access to exclusive offerings and discounts for the property and island excursions.
Hilton Molino Stucky Venice offers traveling families a series of new activities to help them experience the magic of Venice. Housed in a former flour mill, the 5-star hotel is located on Giudecca Island.
TikTok has taken over many people’s phones during the pandemic. One of the best aspects of the app are the recipes people share from around the world. Try this easy, tasty and simple air-fryer chip recipe for your next family gathering.