On the evening of Feb. 25, people around the world will celebrate the Jewish holiday of Purim. Purim commemorates Queen Esther’s rescue of the Jewish people from Haman, the King’s henchman. While COVID-19 is forcing people to rethink the way they celebrate, families can still commemorate the day in fun and unique ways from home.
Gal Hana, director, Canada, Israel Ministry of Tourism, shared some suggestions:
- In the days leading up to Purim, encourage kids to think outside the box with their costumes and create their own.
- Host a mini-parade at home, and consider gifting each family member something special they can use during the homebound festivity.
- Try a new special dessert — even a vegan option! — to celebrate the day.
Yael Golan, director, USA Southern Region, Israel Ministry of Tourism, recommended:
- Since this year most will celebrate inside, there’s no reason not to wear the craziest costume you can come up with — have fun with your looks this year!
- Create a personal and unexpected playlist for your at-home parade.
- A perk of celebrating indoors at home this year is the ability to make and try fun craft cocktails.
- Pick a few good friends to virtually play “giant and dwarf,” a take on Secret Santa. Part of the game’s fun is guessing who gifted what to whom.
The Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Card recently launched BoldFamilyTravel.Chase.com, an interactive, online resource allowing families to plan future travel together. The launch followed the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Card Survey of parents and grandparents that revealed most parents believe children are important resources for planning family vacations and that one-third of parents don’t currently involve their children in planning but would like to.
Everyone is spending more time at home these days, so there are definitely moments when you itch to get out. With a lot of indoor activities and dining closed this winter or at limited capacity, it is hard to find things for the family to do to get out of the house.
AdventureWomen, the tour operator specializing in adventure travel tours for women, celebrates its 40th anniversary in 2022. To commemorate the special anniversary, the tour operator offers travelers an early-bird discount to those booking 2022 trips.
Your kiddos will be excited to learn they can travel with their favorite Nickelodeon characters — including SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora the Explorer and PAW Patrol — when Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts Riviera Maya opens in June 2021. Families can now book accommodations at the resort for their summer vacation.