Cruising experts at Panache Cruises recently unveiled 10 tips for stress-free family sailing:
- Onboard Kids Club: Look for child-friendly ships with a kids clubs.
- Check Age Requirements: Many cruise lines have a minimum age requirement, so be sure to check before booking. Most babies under 6 months of age cannot cruise.
- Entertainment: Choose a cruise line that offers regular entertainment for kids.
- Meal Times: Find a cruise line that provides kid-friendly meals and keep the onboard routine as close to at-home routines as possible.
- Read Through Cruise Itinerary: Ensure the cruise suits all members of your family and research destinations beforehand for kid-friendly activities.
- Pack a Dedicated Necessity Bag: A bag with necessities in place for little ones allows parents quick access.
- Family-Friendly Cabins: Staterooms should have enough space for the whole family and some cruise lines provide cribs and more.
- Pack a Travel-Friendly Stroller: Invest in a stroller that can fold up and store easily. Check beforehand to ensure the ships allows strollers or look to find ships with a stroller rental service.
- Book a Hotel the Night Before: For a stress-free start to the trip, book a nearby hotel for the day before departure.
- Plan Some Parent Time: Take some time for yourselves as parents.
“A cruising vacation for the whole family can be an incredibly special trip away creating some amazing memories for youngsters. But the most important thing to do before booking your cruise is to check everything is going to suit your kids, from the facilities on the ship to the ports of call and the duration of the cruise,” said James Cole, CEO, Panache Cruises. “See if there is a children’s club on-board, read up on the itinerary, entertainment, what food the restaurants offer and at what times, and check the minimum age requirements. Booking into a family-friendly stateroom, or two with adjoining doors if your children are a little older, will give you space as a group, as well as providing specific requirements such as a crib for babies. … Preparation is key. Having your own specialist cruise advisor will help you plan your vacation to your own exacting requirements. This will give you the freedom to enjoy this special experience as a family.”
Huntsville, Alabama, is one of those destinations helping define the family-friendly vacation. Home to NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, the city is lovingly nicknamed Rocket City thanks to its history of always reaching for the stars. This is where you’ll find Space Camp, where kids and families can take part in various programs at the world’s largest space museum, U.S. Space and Rocket Center.
Filled with hidden treasures waiting to be discovered, Seoul invites travelers to unearth its many gems, and Seoul Tourism Organization is here to help travelers do just that. Through thoughtfully created initiatives like the Theme Tourism County Competition, Seoul Tourism Organization works closely with local districts to identify and showcase what makes each district unique and charming in all seasons.
Through Dec. 31, family travelers can enjoy the most unexpected thing in Florida: a white Christmas. The Now Snowing in Celebration festival in Kissimmee, Florida, embraces winter traditions for both locals and visitors. Free to visit, families will love heading to the town built by Disney.
Let family travels take you to one of these stunning aquariums around the United States. Recently, Aquarium Store Depot analyzed TripAdvisor reviews containing words such as beautiful, breathtaking and picturesque for 175 public aquariums across America. Each aquarium ranked based on the percentage of reviews to determine the most eye-catching aquariums.
United Airlines is in the midst of a major initiative to modernize its fleet over the next several years. After first announcing the plan in 2021, planes fitted with United’s signature interior are finally beginning to appear across the airline’s narrowbody fleet of Boeing and Airbus planes. United flyers are sure to notice these enhancements from the moment they step on board: Each new or updated plane sports remodeled seats, seatback entertainment screens for everyone, Bluetooth connectivity and more, all adding up to a better experience on every journey.
All aboard! A holiday afternoon tea on a vintage train winding its way through lush wine country? If that sounds a lovely to you as it does to us, the Napa Valley Wine Train is on track to offer you a great seasonal experience perfect for sharing with family or loved ones. Tea is served in a holiday-decked vintage Pullman rail car with historic features like Honduran mahogany paneling, etched glass partitions, sumptuous armchairs and gleaming brass accents.