Virginia offers family travelers plenty of new offerings for 2023.
- LEGO Discovery Center debuts in northern Virginia this summer. The 32,000-square-foot indoor attraction marks the first LEGO location in Virginia.
- The Garden Club of Virginia celebrates the 90th anniversary of Historic Garden Week. The statewide event takes place April 15–22, with 30 tours hosted by 48 garden clubs.
- Albemarle County welcomes two new wineries in 2023: Paradise Springs Winery and Southwest Mountains Vineyards.
- Kimpton’s The Forum Hotel opens on the Darden School of Business at University of Virginia’s campus in April 2023. The 199-guestroom and -suite hotel will also boast 19,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
- The National Botanic Garden is a 250-acre garden, set to open in Chantilly in 2023.
- Crystal City Water Park is slated to reopen in Arlington in 2023 with new dining options and water features.
- Hotel AKA Alexandria debuts in Old Town Alexandria in winter 2023. The custom-designed property is located 20 minutes from Washington, D.C.
- The Something in the Water Festival takes place April 28–30 in Virginia Beach. Led by Virginia Beach native Pharrell Williams, the music festival also features cultural events and community activities.
- Fire Station No. 1 Boutique Hotel debuts in Roanoke in February. The intimate, seven-room property is housed in a former fire station.
Read more about what’s new in Virginia on the website.
There’s no reason to shiver your way through the holidays this month. Family travelers can escape to Mexico for the season with family-friendly Christmas offerings at Velas Resorts in Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta, and beyond.
As the only major U.S. airline to own a flight school, United Airlines already hit a major milestone, and now the carrier celebrates another important — and historic — step as the inaugural class of United Aviate Academy pilots graduates, leading the next generation of aviators. The 51 students in the graduating class were majority, at 80 percent, women and people of color — another stride toward United’s goal of training 5,000 new pilots by 2030 with half women or POC.
As family travelers get ready for the holiday and gift-giving season, this thrilling and unique offer from SkyBridge Michigan at Boyne Mountain Resort should be on all travelers’ radar. The new SkyBridge Michigan Flex Ticket is the perfect experience-style gift for your adventure-loving loved one.
The end of the year is a great time to plan family travels — kids have time off and the holiday season is the perfect time for bonding and making memories. But while there are plenty of destinations known for big New Year’s Eve parties, it can be tough to find just the right spot for a family-friendly trip to celebrate this annual milestone. This year, Door County in Northern Wisconsin offers the perfect solution.
Filled with hidden treasures waiting to be discovered, Seoul invites travelers to unearth its many gems, and Seoul Tourism Organization is here to help travelers do just that. Through thoughtfully created initiatives like the Theme Tourism County Competition, Seoul Tourism Organization works closely with local districts to identify and showcase what makes each district unique and charming in all seasons.
Vintage Christmas in Portsmouth is a colorful, festive time filled with holiday spirit, a perfect choice for a couples’ getaway to shop without the whole family in tow. It’s worth traveling to this historic seacoast city to be part of the weeks full of twinkling lights, decorated shops and streets, holiday music, theater and merriment, all of which led Portsmouth to be called the Christmas Capital of North America.