Property management platform eviivo recently released its “7 Significant Travel Trends To Expect” report for 2024. The findings are based on data and reports from eviivo partners like Booking.com.
“2024 will be nothing like years past,” said Michele Fitzpatrick, CEO, eviivo. “We’re out of the shadow of the pandemic, and those who work in hospitality have more optimism about their businesses as the industry rapidly grows. We’re also seeing notable shifts with guests’ preferences that will determine how businesses operate in the new year, and of course, increased demand for advanced technology that will set a standard for future generations of travelers.”
- AI will become the new normal: The report anticipates artificial intelligence to grow even further in 2024. AI can assist travelers in planning trips. A report from Expedia.com found 40 percent of travelers surveyed planned to use AI to help find lodging in 2024.
- Travelers will move to Spain: Already a popular vacation destination, Spain has increasingly become popular for expats. Malaga, Spain, ranked in the top spot on Forbes list of the world’s best cities to live.
- Sustainability is in demand: Sustainability practices for travelers are more important than ever, with many individuals prioritizing sustainability while planning a trip.
- Amenities will determine bookings: Brands look to offer one-of-a-kind amenities to set themselves apart for travelers.
- Spontaneous trips will become more popular: Travel app Hopper revealed last-minute bookings are on the rise so far for 2024.
- Vacation rentals increase: Many travelers will opt for a vacation rental over a chain hotel for their vacation.
- Music and sports tourism will drive travel: There are numerous worldwide music and sporting events in 2024, from the summer Olympic Games in Paris to major concert tours by artists like Beyonce and Taylor Swift that will influence travel.
LEGOLAND New York Resort is about to make it easier for family travelers to move throughout the park this summer. The Minifigure Skyflyer, opening this summer and a first for LEGOLAND Resorts, offers an interactive new way to travel between themed lands.
As the only major U.S. airline to own a flight school, United Airlines already hit a major milestone, and now the carrier celebrates another important — and historic — step as the inaugural class of United Aviate Academy pilots graduates, leading the next generation of aviators. The 51 students in the graduating class were majority, at 80 percent, women and people of color — another stride toward United’s goal of training 5,000 new pilots by 2030 with half women or POC.
The family travel experience just got elevated at Cedar Lakes Estates, turning the traditional kids club on its head with a Home Alone-inspired twist. Located in Port Jervis in the heart of New York’s Hudson Valley, Cedar Lakes Estates sits on the grounds of a 1930s-era summer camp, offering families and kids an ultimate winter wonderland getaway.
Bulgaria has managed to slip under the radar for many family travelers, but, for those in the know, it is a fascinating country full of culture, history and natural beauty. For families, it is an ideal destination where you can find an affordable vacation with plenty of activity and adventure to make memories that last a lifetime. As you plan your next trip, be sure to keep these great reasons to visit Sofia, the country’s charming capital, in mind.
Filled with hidden treasures waiting to be discovered, Seoul invites travelers to unearth its many gems, and Seoul Tourism Organization is here to help travelers do just that. Through thoughtfully created initiatives like the Theme Tourism County Competition, Seoul Tourism Organization works closely with local districts to identify and showcase what makes each district unique and charming in all seasons.
Family travelers looking for a spring or summer getaway may want to consider Daytona Beach Shores, Florida, and Max Beach Resort, which recently introduced new seasonal packages and guest experiences.