Add some thrills to your family travel at Six Flags New England, appropriately dubbed the Thrill Capital of New England. The theme park recently announced its lineup of special events for the 2022-2023 season. The park also brought back its dining pass and membership programs.
Here’s a look at what’s coming:
- Fright Fest presented by SNICKERS: Through Nov. 6, the area’s scariest Halloween event returns with 200-plus Fright Fest performers, more than 20 shows and attractions and live entertainment.
- Kid’s Boo Fest: Also through Nov. 6, this daytime event is more friendly for little ghouls and ghosts, including Halloween activities, trick-or-treat trails, a hay maze and more.
- Oktoberfest: Through Oct. 30, the family-friendly German heritage festival brings a new fall tradition to the park with authentic food and drinks.
- Veterans Weekend: Nov. 11–13, the event features patriotic music, apparel, entertainment and more.
- Spring Break: April 15–23, 2023, this two-week celebration boasts food, music, kid-friendly activities, entertainment and thrilling coasters.
- Cinco de Mayo: Enjoy margaritas, cuisine, salsa dancers and more, May 5–7, 2023.
- Kids Fest: New in 2023, June 17–25, this event is designed for kids with activities, entertainment, rides and more.
It’s time to start dreaming of your next family trip. Here’s some destination inspiration for you. Take a visual journey through Minneapolis, Minnesota, with us.
Embark on a family journey through The Last Frontier with Celebrity Cruises® and experience an unforgettable luxury vacation in the untouched natural beauty of Alaska. The breathtaking landscape of this pristine wilderness sets the stage for every memorable moment from up-close, awe-inspiring views of glaciers to observing native wildlife, including whales, bears, bald eagles, and moose. This corner of the world offers not only spectacular scenery, but also opportunities to learn about the history and culture of Alaska — from the native people who’ve lived here for centuries to the adventurers seeking their fortunes during the gold rush. No matter which sailing you choose, you’ll journey through the ever-popular Inside Passage — one of the most popular experiences on any Alaska vacation — and visit Hubbard Glacier or Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier.
It’s not too early to plan holiday family travel, and those bound for the Grand Canyon region might want to consider booking tickets now for Grand Canyon Railway & Hotel’s popular Polar Express. Tickets are going fast!
Family travelers spending time in Riviera Maya, Mexico, cannot miss Xel-Há, a park offering an extensive list of activities, all surrounded by the pure natural beauty of the region. The beginning of fall marks the perfect time to visit the park, with more than 20 unique experiences.
YOUR SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT FAMILY VACATION ENDS HERE
Qatar may not seem like your typical wintertime family travel destination. After all, you won’t find many snow-capped peaks or ski resorts in the world’s desert nations, but the country’s newest winter attraction will make sure you have so much fun you won’t even think about snow. From roller coasters and merry-go-rounds to cotton candy and ice cream, there will be something for everyone at this nightly, winter-themed entertainment park.