The virtual small ship takes guests at home to what the company calls the “tonic of wildness” in a time of social distancing. Engage in the same activities you’d enjoy on a Lindblad Expedition, including morning stretching on the deck, exciting visual tours and even an evening recap followed by a nightcap, courtesy of cocktail recipes straight from fleet menus.
Follow along with an expert team of naturalists (also in stay-at-home isolation) with a slew of activities, including kid-friendly activities; informative lectures by Lindblad’s renowned naturalist team; live international music performances; artisan crafting demonstrations; and cooking demonstrations of beloved, sustainable bites you would find onboard.
Stick around for an evening recap unveiling the newest addition to the fleet, National Geographic Endurance, on a virtual ship tour.
Check out Virtual Expedition’s site for the daily agenda, including a mix of well-planned, scheduled events and flexible, spontaneous programming. Discover something new following along on Facebook, Instagram and the line’s website for the following activities and more:
- Today’s Activity: Follow along with video clips alongside Lindblad naturalists leading tours through the incredible destinations they visit.
- AHHHHH Moment: Enjoy a much-needed dose of nature with these virtual highlights from some of the world’s most remote locales. Let the sights and sounds of nature be the background of your day and help transport your wanderlust spirit away from home.
- Photo Tips: Something useful for all ages, practice indoor and outdoor photo techniques with this educational video.
- RECAP: Wind down with a 6 p.m. recap of the day, reminiscing on all you’ve learned, while following along with demonstrations from virtual shipboard bartenders — you’ll be sipping your own mixology creations in no time.
- Virtual Music Lounge: Last, but not least, what’s a nightcap without a little music?
The Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Card recently launched BoldFamilyTravel.Chase.com, an interactive, online resource allowing families to plan future travel together. The launch followed the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Card Survey of parents and grandparents that revealed most parents believe children are important resources for planning family vacations and that one-third of parents don’t currently involve their children in planning but would like to.
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit now offers a new, 90-minute Mexican Doll Workshop perfect for families. Children are invited to design their own Mexican rag doll using colored ribbons and fabrics. Offering a unique bonding experience for families, the workshop also supports the local community and honors the indigenous women who started the craft.
Valley Forge National Historical Park is a great place to bring your history-loving family. Located in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, the park is the site of the 1777–1778 winter encampment of the Continental army during the American Revolutionary War. Today, the 3,500-acre park boasts trails, replicas and other historical markers perfect for learning more about Valley Forge’s place in our nation’s history.