Fort Myers, Florida, offers family travelers plenty of family-friendly activities for a summer vacation. The region is home to more than 100 barrier and coastal islands, as well as stunning Gulf Coast beaches and charming neighborhoods.
Though the destination was impacted by Hurricane Ian in September 2022, many attractions and hotels reopened following the devastation.
Consider these options during your summer visit:
- Book a stay at Luminary Hotel & Co., The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village, Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa and Cabbage Key Inn, all now accepting guests following Hurricane Ian.
- Head to the Boca Grande beach community for fun in the sun. Explore the beaches and parks or head to the Calusa Blueway paddling trail.
- Take a guided tour of North Captiva, Caya Costa and Cabbage Key with Captain Brian. Learn more about the local wildlife, shells, marine life and history during your tour.
- Visit the recently reopened N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge. Located on Sanibel Island, the refuge works to restore, enhance and protect local wildlife habitats.
- The Wonder Gardens in Bonita Springs is the perfect destination for animal lovers. The botanical garden and refuge is home to more than 300 rescued, rehabilitated and non-releasable birds and reptiles.
- Go back in time with a visit to the former winter homes of inventors Henry Ford and Thomas Edison at the Edison and Ford Winter Estates. The property is home to former inventions, antique cars and a 20-acre botanical garden initially designed by Edison.
Ever dreamed of being a mermaid? Well, your dreams could come true on your next family trip. With March 29 National Mermaid Day, these two resorts offer experiences for guests of all ages to enjoy.
Making travel plans can be exciting; did you know planning on how to spend time at the airport the right way can enrich the overall trip experience? As a transfer hub, traveling through Doha's Hamad International Airport is a unique experience, as waiting never feels like waiting at one of the best airports in the world.
Make Best Western your hotel of choice during spring family travels for a sweet reward. This spring, BWH Hotels offers members of its Best Western Rewards loyalty program the opportunity to earn a free night stay.
Known for its clear, vibrantly blue-green waters and varied and historic ports of call, the Adriatic is the new Mediterranean for cruise enthusiasts and family travelers. An Adriatic cruise is especially suited to multigen family trips, since it appeals to all ages with its beautiful beaches, water sports, rich marine life, historic cities, ancient archaeological sites, colorful cultures and varied cuisines. There is truly something for every traveler.
As the only major U.S. airline to own a flight school, United Airlines already hit a major milestone, and now the carrier celebrates another important — and historic — step as the inaugural class of United Aviate Academy pilots graduates, leading the next generation of aviators. The 51 students in the graduating class were majority, at 80 percent, women and people of color — another stride toward United’s goal of training 5,000 new pilots by 2030 with half women or POC.
Parents, it’s time to ditch family travel and embark on a romantic vacation at Solmar Hotels and Resorts in Los Cabos. Renowned for its breathtaking landscapes, pristine beaches and unparalleled hospitality, Los Cabos sets the stage for couples looking for a romantic escape away from the kids. At Solmar Hotels and Resorts, guests are invited to take advantage of the romantic accommodations, spa experiences, gastronomic delights and more.