If you think multigenerational and luxury travel don’t mix, think again — the 2019 Virtuoso Luxe Report ranks the trend as among this year’s top vacation markets. With an eye on this market, the recently renovated Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa is touting five reasons for the whole family to visit.
- Gramping beneath the stars: With Westin Grand Cayman’s stargazing cabana upgrade, kids and grandparents can enjoy stargazing in a Luxury Oceanfront Beach Cabana. To get the best viewing, the hotel will provide you with a telescope, night sky map and, to make the evening complete, a tropical dinner and s’mores kit over a private fire pit. The upgrade, which includes the price of the cabana rental, costs $45 each for adults and $22 for kids aged 4-12.
- Water activities designed to please everyone: Let’s face it, not everyone approaches water sports with the same level of fitness or enthusiasm, but the resort’s varied menu of activities offer options to lure just about everybody in the family onto the water. Kids and adventurous adults can try waterskiing, stand-up paddleboarding and even SUP yoga, for example, while those looking for a more relaxed experience can go sailing or take a dip in the island’s largest freshwater pool.
- Marine life experiences: The resort’s concierge staff is happy to arrange an outing to some of the island’s most famous attractions that allow visitors to interact with marine life. Options include the Turtle Farm, where the island’s turtle population is being protected and where you can see turtles at various stages of development; Stingray Sandbar, where you can touch and swim with stingrays, and Dolphin Discovery, where the family can get up close and personal with these beautiful mammals.
- Caymanian culinary delights: If the words “great dining” and “the Caribbean” don’t always go together in your mind, it might surprise you to learn the property’s Beach House restaurant offers AAA Four Diamond seafood dining. Or go casual at Ferdinand’s, which offers a kids’ menu, or dine poolside at Tortuga Beach Grill and Bar. You can even take in a Caymanian Beach BBQ on Seven Mile Beach, featuring fresh buffet-style fare and plenty of room for even an extended family blowout.
- Pose for a family portrait: Seven Mile Beach is known for its Caribbean sunsets, so take advantage of that rare opportunity to have the whole family together for a memorable photo.
Overshadowed by nearby Portland and overlooked by tourists bound for the popular coastal towns of Camden and Boothbay Harbor, Brunswick is not on the radar of most family travelers in Maine. But couples looking for a cozy getaway will find fine dining, antiques, art and quiet streets for strolling, many lined by distinguished homes and well-kept gardens.
As the only major U.S. airline to own a flight school, United Airlines already hit a major milestone, and now the carrier celebrates another important — and historic — step as the inaugural class of United Aviate Academy pilots graduates, leading the next generation of aviators. The 51 students in the graduating class were majority, at 80 percent, women and people of color — another stride toward United’s goal of training 5,000 new pilots by 2030 with half women or POC.
Not quite ready to say goodbye to summer? If the weather is forcing you to head indoors, you can still take advantage of a few opportunities to splash around in the waves, without even being that far from the beach — thanks to the world’s largest indoor beachfront waterpark, which opened this summer in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Halloween is right around the corner, which means its time to start making plans for spooky and scary stops for having fun with the family this fall. New York’s Cayuga County is always a fun visit for family travelers, but if you plan on being in the area this October, you will definitely want to explore its haunted history with some choice spots along New York’s Haunted History Trail. This curated list of haunted and spooky stops throughout New York features incredible locations showcasing the perfect combination of the state’s beautiful charm and fascinating history.
United Airlines is in the midst of a major initiative to modernize its fleet over the next several years. After first announcing the plan in 2021, planes fitted with United’s signature interior are finally beginning to appear across the airline’s narrowbody fleet of Boeing and Airbus planes. United flyers are sure to notice these enhancements from the moment they step on board: Each new or updated plane sports remodeled seats, seatback entertainment screens for everyone, Bluetooth connectivity and more, all adding up to a better experience on every journey.